Hotel Overview & Access
Taisyoike Hotel is the only accommodation facility on Taisho-ike Pond, a serene, scenic spot in the celebrated Kamikochi area. Passing through the Kama Tunnel, you will be greeted by the exquisite Taisho-ike Pond and the picturesque Mt. Yake-dake. From our hotel, you can see these scenic highlights unveil themselves right before your eyes. Please your palate with our proud Japanese cuisine that features a full variety of superb local ingredients. As for guest rooms, we offer both Japanese- and Western-style rooms to choose from. Without a doubt, our guest rooms assure a relaxing, comfortable stay whether you come as husband and wife, a whole family, or with friends.
- +81-263-95-2301 (+81-263-33-7400 in winter season)
- Number of guest rooms: 6 Japanese-style rooms / 21 Western-style rooms
- Maximum capacity: 90 guests
- Check-in time: 15:00 / Check-out time: 10:00
Taishoike Hotel is just in front of the Taisho-ike bus stop.
If you are coming by private car:
- Driving private cars into the Kamikochi area is restricted throughout the year. So you are requested to use a bus or taxi from the Sawando or Hirayu car park.
- Parking charge is ¥600 per day either at the Sawando or Hirayu car park.
- From Sawando or Hirayu, the last Kamikochi-bound bus departure time is around 17:00.
- Bus services from Sawando or Hirayu to Kamikochi are operated at intervals of about 20 minutes. The price of a round-trip ticket is ¥2,000.
If you are coming by rail:
- Use a train from Matsumoto Sta. to Shin-shimashima Sta. Take a bus from Shin-shimashima Sta. for Kamikochi.
- Since the departure time of the last Kamikochi-bound bus from Shin-shimashima Sta. is around 16:45, remember to leave Matsumoto Sta. by around 16:00.